Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My journey back home!

Live life with Passion....

     I want to welcome ya'll to my new endeavor into BLOG WORLD! I am in a very exciting place right now in life (to say the least). I want to start blogging in order to record my journey.... 
     On February 18th I got engaged to the most loving, passionate, supportive and amazing man I have ever met in my life. His name is Yosef Silver and he lives in Israel. This August I will be fulfilling one of my greatest dreams...I will be moving HOME- I'm going to be living in Israel!!! Just writing that sentence brings tears to my eyes. Since I stepped foot in Israel for the first time (December '02) my life has changed and I have wanted nothing more but to live  in my homeland. I spent two years in Israel ('05-'07) and came back to America this year to finish my masters in Jewish Education. Three days before I left Israel (this past June) I sat at a park, overlooking the Old City and wrote this entry in my journal:
"As I sit here looking at the walls of the Old City I am enthralled with a state of nostalgia...I remember seeing the wall for the first time and crying my eyes out when the realization first hit me that my ancestors struggled so hard to remain Jewish and I am here today because of their struggle....I am able to be in this beautiful land because they refused to give up on their Judaism, and I was given the most amazing gift-to be born a Jew. I cant believe I'm leaving Israel this week!!! Daniella, you need to remember how you feel about Israel!!! I want to live here. I want to make Aliya Aug. '08, please G-d!!! I belong here, the Jewish people belong here. Im so scared about getting "sucked" into my comfortable American life. Im sooo afraid of forgetting this feeling. Please G-d dont let me forget! Please help me to come back here because I know it is so much easier for me to be in America so that I can make everyone happy (especially my family). But my neshama yearns to be here...I am the happiest when Im here. Please give me the strength!"

Well Hashem sure gave me the strength...he sent me Yosef! The most passionate Zionist I have ever met. G-d sure knew what he was doing..LOL. I knew I wanted to make Aliya in Aug. '08 and he sent me this perfect angel to make sure that happened. 
This September 15th I will be married in Yerushalayim (please G-d)...

Welcome to my journey back home!!!

With Love, Daniella 

2 comments:

Amber in REAL life said...

Welcome to the blog world. I read your first entry and was moved. I am so beyond happy for you and your current adventures in life. It means a great deal to me to see you (who I have known just about all my life, and who I have wanted the same things as just that long) find true happiness and have things work out so perfectly!!! I love you, girl!

Rachelle said...

Welcome to Blogging .. I also did it while waiting to make aliyah ... now I don't have the time !!!
Great start to your blogging great style ... keep it up !
I am so delighted you have met my passionate zionest son ! (never heard him described as an angle before but I give you poetic license !!!)
Israel is the place to be its vitality runs though our veins ... so glad you will be here soon.